Saturday, January 23, 2010

Transformation Contest Before Essays...

"I have struggled with low self worth my whole life. the mirror and the words of the ones I trusted have been my biggest enemy. I want to take control of that part of my life. I have been told " you cant help it.. your just a big girl" I was to be known as something else. A girl that took contol of her life. That my opinon of myself was positive.
I am tired of being a victim of past. I want to be a confident woman in the future."
~Dawna

"I became the single mother of twin in September of 2007. Prior to my pregnancy I was in shape. I was able to exercise on average about 3-5 times a week. During pregnancy I had high blood pressure and needed to restrict my activity and was on bedrest for more than a month. After the twins were born I found I was lucky to have time to take a shower, much less exercise. I went back to work when they were 5 weeks old and work an average of 60 hours a week. Now that my boys are 2 I want to get back into shape and fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. It would also be nice to not be embarassed in my swimsuit at the pool.
My diet has always been an issue - I am a terrible snacker. This has become worse with kids I fine myself grazing through the kitchen as I make there meals. I used to be able to keep this in check with exercise, but as my physical activity decreased my refined sugar intake increased.
My reason for entering the competition is to make some lifestyle changes. I want to keep up with my kids and not spend my later years burdened by health issues."
~Heather



I believe the fat lady inside of me has officially sung. I am so over feeling tired, soft, and lumpy! I can hardly squeeze into my “fat jeans” anymore. Yesterday I had to break down and by the next size up in jeans. Uhg! I see this contest as my new tool in achieving weight loss success. I have as many excuses for being a Fat Chick as I do reasons to become a Fit Chick. I know this is going to be tough at times, but I believe the competition and camaraderie will make me give 100% through to the end. My plan is to bridge the gap between the two extremes. And believe me, when I’m in those places, they feel very extreme.
For excuses my list includes that I’m over 40, have three kids, I’m hormonal, get bored working out on my own, love to cook, and I am a compulsive eater.

As for reasons that I want and need to become healthy, the top of the list is my three daughters. They need a role model that isn’t on the Disney channel, in the movies, or in a magazine. In addition, I have a husband that loves me and I want to be around to keep him on his toes for many years to come. Finally, it’s got to be about quality of life. Mine has definitely suffered in the years that I’ve gotten so out of shape. I’ve got a long way to go, but every thing in the world to gain.

Last night I started a new book. I read then re-read a prayer that seemed to speak directly to me:

“Lord, please bless this new beginning. Help me not to dwell on the difficulties of the past, but only on the promises of the future.”

And with that, I look forward to starting on day one with prayer and Fit Chick Express to get me on my way.

~ Elisabeth

No comments: