Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fit Chick Express 20's Fat Burning Workout

This is one of my favorite workouts that I do with my Fit Chick Express classes, and I call it 20's!

What are 20's? With this workout I take 4-5 exercises that everyone will do 20 repetitions of each. After completing one exercise for 20 repetitions, they will then do some form of cardio. For this workout, we did suicides or ladders in between the exercises. Usually I have them do it in between each exercise, but I had a surprise for them at the end of the workout. We did 8 minutes of tabatas continuing with ladders and adding in step ups as well. All in just 25 minutes!Fun stuff!

Why do I love these workouts? Well for one, each person can go at their own speed and still be working their muscles to fatigue, all while getting their heart rate elevated each time they do the cardio.

Try this at home with your own workout. Pick 4-5 exercises, do each 20 repetitions and do cardio in between each (such as jumping jacks, side jumps or jump rope). Do this continuously for about 20 minutes and you have a great fat burning workout!

No comments: